History and Backstory
FloraMax nutrients was conceived from an analytical laboratory that specialized in water chemistry, agriculture and hydroponics since 1966. It was developed to take advantage of new technologies in plant bio-chemistry that would significantly improve performance in areas such as trichome and root development, pH control and nutrient stability. The benefit to growers is faster and enhanced growth, more valuable yields, and significant improvements in ease-of-use.
FloraMax was launched by R&D/Manufacturing chemist Andrew Taylor, who has been involved in developing plant-specific nutrients since 1992. The products were developed using intensive feedback from a “developer” base of over 50 commercial growers.
- For ease-of-use, FloraMax packs multiple functions into each product. This is ideal for commercial grows as it requires fewer feed-lines and radically simplifies stock and batch management. Our 6 core products achieve more than other line-ups over twice the size. For example, Flowering Enhancer replaces 3 regular products. We also use “single” base nutrient formulations that run from seed through to harvest.
- No “cal-mag” additive is required with our feed regime.
- The FloraMax range incorporates a sophisticated blend of both organics and inorganics. FloraMax uses the latest, “purified” organic compounds to provide a clear competitive advantage in terms of improved plant structure, enhancement to trichomes and oils, and fast, predictable cropping speeds. The use of “purified” organics also avoids the usual problems that occur with traditional organic additives e.g. blockages, foaming, biofilms and odors.
- pH stability is next-level: Adjustment is rarely required in soil and coco. When using FloraMax Flowering Enhancer growers will require about FIVE times ‘less’ pH Down than what they would normally use.
- All products run extremely clean. In run-to-waste applications, the reservoir will remain stable for several weeks provided evaporation and light ingress are minimized.
- No tedious dosing procedures – there is no waiting! Simply measure, pour then stir.
- Every batch of FloraMax is manufactured by our in-house chemist, then quality checked to meet each label’s “EC specification”. Growers can be assured of consistency from crop-to-crop.
- FloraMax is free of dangerous PGR’s eg. paclobutrazol, daminozide and gibberellins.
- All FloraMax products have a shelf life greater than 3 to 5-years.
- The FloraMax range provides all essential products for growing including those often missing from other nutrient ranges such as resin enhancers, silica, clone sprays, clone gel and cal-mag.
- Labelling is USDA, CFIA, ACVM, MPI and EU compliant, and multilingual (EN, SP, FR, DE, NL, IT, CZ).
- We authored the free 16-page FloraMax Growers Guide, the 88-page FloraMax Hydroponics Manual – widely re-printed by industry publications and grow magazines.
We support grow stores
- Factory Direct to Retailers — NO Distributors: We have our own network of warehouses spanning 5 countries. This gives us complete autonomy over the supply-chain which helps ensure supply reliability.
- Exclusivity – we only supply hydroponic stores of good reputation and provide a generous area of exclusivity.
- We restrict the on-selling of FloraMax via eBay and Amazon.
- MAP pricing is enforced, where legally permitted – achievable because we control all distribution.
- We offer unparalleled point-of-sale support such as our free 16-page FloraMax Growers Guide, 88-page hydro manual (both widely re-printed by leading grow magazines), an extensive website with online “Grow Guide” and feedcharts in English, Spanish, French, Albanian, Lithuanian, Vietnamese & Chinese.
For more information, please feel free to call or email.
(Chemist & director)
Profile of Andrew Taylor
Andrew is an analytical chemist with additional qualifications in plant function and nutrition. He has over 25 years’ experience in product research and development, and commercial manufacturing. As the author of the Flairform Grower’s Guide, he writes extensively on hydroponic growing techniques with articles featured in several prominent grow magazines.
For his first 16 years in the industry, Andrew was partnered with Bob Taylor, former Principal Chemist of the Water Resources section at Western Australia’s State Government Chemistry Centre. From 1966, Bob worked as a Chemist in both Agricultural Chemistry and Water Chemistry and was also an official registered analyst for the government’s chemical analysis monitoring program of all fertilizers registered in Western Australia.