Our development story
FloraMax evolved out of one of Australia’s first hydroponic nutrient manufacturers (est. 1992) whose founder had worked professionally in the field of water, agricultural and horticultural chemistry since 1966. Following 25 years of nutrient manufacturing and research, FloraMax was conceived to meet the needs of both retailers and growers. Retailers were wanting a distribution model that supported genuine brick-and-mortar grow stores. Growers were needing a product range that was up-to-date in terms of scientific discovery and also able to meet the demands of commercial-scale grows. The FloraMax range was eventually commercialized after around 5-years of crop trials and the feedback of over 50 industry professionals.
- For ease-of-use, FloraMax packs multiple functions into each product – our 6 core products achieve more than other line-ups over twice the size. For example, Flowering Enhancer and OrganaBud replace around 6 regular products. Also, a “cal-mag” should never be used with FloraMax as this function is already incorporated into our base nutrient and additives.
- With FloraMax, the pH stability is over 500% better than other brands. Also, growers do not have to deal with tedious dosing procedures – there is no waiting, simply measure, pour then stir. All products run extremely clean so that growers can focus on growing.
- The FloraMax range provides all essential products for growing including those often missing from other nutrient ranges such as resin enhancers, silica, clone sprays, clone gel, pathogen control and cal-mag.
- The FloraMax range incorporates a sophisticated blend of both organics and inorganics. FloraMax uses “new school” organic compounds to provide a clear competitive advantage in terms of improved plant structure and weight, and enhancement to trichomes and oils.
- FloraMax is free of PGR’s such as paclobutrazol, daminozide and gibberellins.
- Every batch of FloraMax is manufactured by our in-house chemist, then quality tested. Growers can be assured of consistency from crop-to-crop.
- All FloraMax products have a shelf life greater than 5-years.
We support grow stores
- Factory Direct to Retailers/No Distributors: FloraMax has its own network of warehouses spanning over 5 countries and does not use any distributors. This gives us complete autonomy over the supply-chain which helps ensure supply reliability.
- FloraMax only sells through authorized grow stores – we do not supply growers directly and restrict on-selling via third-party vendor platforms like eBay and Amazon.
- No Discounts – FloraMax does not discount products. This prevents larger volume buyers from gaining a price advantage over independent shops. FloraMax uses and enforces MAP pricing, where legally permitted.
- Exclusivity – we restrict access to FloraMax products. We only supply hydroponic stores of good reputation and provide a generous area of exclusivity. Please refer to our “Dealers” list for your region at https://www.floramax.com.
- No shipping minimum – we split shipping costs 50/50 with our stores and offer free shipping on orders greater than our “free freight minimum”. In practice we are often able to offer free shipping for smaller amounts on a case-by-case basis.
- Labelling is USDA and EU compliant, multilingual and has reader friendly font size.
- We offer unparalleled point-of-sale support such as our 88-page hydro manual, Growroom Info sheets, feedcharts, posters and an extensive website.
For more information, please feel free to call or email.
(Chemist & director)
Profile of Andrew Taylor
Andrew is an analytical chemist with additional qualifications in plant function and nutrition. He has over 25 years’ experience in product research and development, and commercial manufacturing. As the author of the Flairform Grower’s Guide, he writes extensively on hydroponic growing techniques with articles featured in several prominent grow magazines.
For his first 16 years in the industry, Andrew was partnered with Bob Taylor, former Principal Chemist of the Water Resources section at Western Australia’s State Government Chemistry Centre. From 1966, Bob worked as a Chemist in both Agricultural Chemistry and Water Chemistry and was also an official registered analyst for the government’s chemical analysis monitoring program of all fertilizers registered in Western Australia.